Many experts believe TikTok is “the next big thing” in the world of social, and they are not wrong. TikTok is becoming a larger marketing platform—especially for brands that market to young people.
Apart from the fact that the platform was able to create its own fleet of influencers who enjoy high number of fan following and engagement, the growing interest of Bollywood and Hollywood celebrities is further enhancing the usage of the platform.
Here are top 5 reasons why Tik Tok is becoming a must:-
1) Tik Tok has 500 million users world-wide and is currently the most aggressively growing social platform. ( Google trends, Data Reportal 2019)
2) It was the third most downloaded app in Q1 2019 with 188 million users. This is growth of 70 % over 2018 same time. ( Sensor Tower report 2019)
3) Extremely targeted audience – 41 % of users are aged between 16 – 24 ( Global Web Index 2019)
4) Being a short video platform, it has extremely high time spend. The average time spend per user is 52 minutes as per Business of Apps report in 2019
5) The platform has its own budding influencers with huge following and engagement.
Recently Dubai’s Department of Tourism & Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) has concluded the regional #ThisisDubai social media campaign, hosted in collaboration with TikTok. As part of the partnership, TikTok, which is available across 150 markets, created bespoke AR stickers with exclusive Dubai themed music inviting participants to capture striking aspects of the city.
The campaign received an overwhelming response of over 30 million video views on the campaign page and 9.8 thousand videos created, with posts showing users enjoying ‘only in Dubai’ experiences across the city, or destination videos with the campaign’s themed music, helping them to tell the story of Dubai.
Do you have Tik Tok in your next media plans?